Fluidmaster Fix It Zone
Toilet Fill Valve Is Very Loud During Flushing
Refill water is spraying straight down the overflow pipe, resonating on the bottom of the overflow pipe.
The angle adapter is pointing straight down the overflow pipe. Bend or tilt the angle adapter so the water of the refill is hitting the inside wall of the overflow pipe.
Restricted water supply valve.
Adjust shut-off counterclockwise to open up water flow.
Plugged valve inlet or stiff seal.
Remove top cap of fill valve and flush debris from system.
- Turn of water supply and flush the tank.
- Reach inside the tank with your right hand under the float cup and lift it up. With your right hand holding onto the gray shaft, keep the float cup all the way up. Do not let float cup drop or valve shaft turn.
- Place your left hand on the top of the valve cap while placing your left hand thumb on the side of the arm coming out of the top. Turn the cap and lever counter clockwise 1/8th of a turn to unlock. You should be able to lift off the cap and lever from the valve body.
- Once the cap assembly has been removed, inspect for debris on the seal (rubber disc with pin coming through) and also the valve portion still in the tank.
- Hold a cup upside down over the exposed opening of the valve and turn on the water supply full force for 10-15 seconds, allowing the pressure to free any debris inside the valve inlet.
- Reassemble the top of the valve by placing the cap arm next to the refill tube. Press cap down while turning the cap and arm clockwise to lock.
The bottom hand is lifting up on the float cup, which raises the black arm under the top cap. The top hand is gripping the cap while the thumb is pressing on the raised lever arm.