Duo Flush™ View the full product details
Install Dual Flush Technology In Your Toilet
What is dual flush for toilets?
Water conservation efforts and related government requirements have reduced water consumption in toilets from 5 or more gallons per flush (gpf) through the 1970's, to 3.5 gpf in the 1980's, to the current 1.6 gpf in toilets sold in the US since 1994. Even so, the toilet is still the biggest user of water inside most homes. New legislation requires that only High Efficiency Toilets (HET) using no more than 1.28 gpf be available for sale in the US, and will be mandated by code in many parts of the country - starting with California on January 1, 2014.
Dual Flush technology has been in use for many years in water conscious Australia and other parts of the world but is only just now coming to North America. Dual Flush is simpler and less expensive than other water-saving toilet alternatives and it allows you to choose the right flush each time:
- Less water for liquid waste (half flush)
- More water for solid waste (full flush)
Dual Flush technology allows you to reduce the amount of water used to flush liquids while maintaining the required amount needed to flush solids. Whereas, almost 50% of the toilets still being used in the U.S. and Canada are 3.5 gpf or greater, Dual Flush technology allows the consumer to convert their high capacity toilet to a more efficient water and money saving toilet. Although water savings potential is higher in 3.5 gpf or larger toilets, there are benefits to using the Dual Flush technology in 1.6 and 1.28 gpf toilets. Dual Flush technology will allow you to reduce the water used for a half-flush to 1.1 gallons or lower, offering substantial savings without sacrificing flushing performance.
Why DUO FLUSH™ by Fluidmaster?
DUO FLUSH™ allows you to take advantage of Dual Flush technology without compromising flush performance. Fluidmaster products offer these Competitive Advantages:
- Fits more toilets than any other dual flush conversion valve
- Maximizes toilet performance and water-savings
- Outperforms all other dual flush conversion valves
- Installs in 10 minutes
- Saves Up To $120 Per Year
- Patent-pending DUO FLUSH™Valve converts your toilet's single flush approach to a water-saving dual flush design.
No NEED for flapper or troublesome chain ever again!
- Patent-pending Water Saving Refill Module boosts performance and outperforms all other dual flush conversion valves when combined
with the Fluidmaster PerforMAX™ Fill Valve (sold separately).
Ensures that the right amount of water flows to the bowl.
- Durable snap-on swivel mount makes for a quick and easy install.
No tank removal, just snap to fit.
- PerforMAX™ fill valve regulates flow and improves overall performance (sold separately).
- Easy Adjust Dials, exclusive to DUO FLUSH™, allow you to easily set the level of water without removing the valve from the tank.